Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Marcy votes yes

It's official. The spending bill that Obama calls economic stimulus has passed the House. Not surprisingly, Marcy Kaptur fell in line with her party and voted yes. What surprised me was that the Republicans hung together and voted no. I really thought that at least some of them would have jumped ship to stay in good with the Obama people. I'm proud of them for holding the principles of fiscal responsibility.
Also on the surprising list was the fact that 11 Democrats moved right and voted no. It was really nice to see.
Now it heads off to the Senate. I've already sent an email to Sherrod Brown's office urging him to vote no on this giant barrel of pork. Unfortunately, if you listened to Maggie Thurber on WSPD today, or read my previous blog entry, it appears that Mr. Brown will not be entertaining viewpoints that differ from those of President Obama.

Still, as constituents, we should make our voices be heard.

You can contact him here:
455 Russell Senate Office Bldg.
Washington, DC 20510
p (202) 224-2315f (202) 228-6321

Or you can send him an online message here.

I'll also be contacting Kaptur's office to express my displeasure.

2186 Rayburn Bldg.
Washington, DC 20515
Tel: (202) 225-4146Fax: (202) 225-7711

Or contact her online here.

No comments: