Thursday, January 8, 2009

Fine!

It's just after 7 a.m. and I've just finished shoveling last night's layer of snow from my walks and driveway. A fresh layer of salt is down and my property is safe for travel. After all, "You, sir..." must take care of your property. "You, sir..." must have your walks shoveled within 24 hours or the city can fine you.
However, as I shoveled the last of the snow away from the end of my driveway, I noted that on the street, the fresh snow has covered the packed snow and ice from the last snowfall because my street has yet to see a city truck this winter.
Then, of course, there's the prediction of one to three inches of snow tomorrow night, which I anticipate will fall on top of the snow from last night on my street.
So I have to wonder if I can fine the city for not taking care of their property? I'm not asking for much in the fine - maybe just my share of the 3/4 percent.

No comments: